What I Heard This Week: Bird By Snow

A few weeks ago, I received a copy of Common Wealth, which is the fourth album from psych-folk band, Bird By Snow. Admittedly I wasn't expecting much, the natural elements that grace their album's cover indicative of indistinguishable and typically light and airy folk-based acoustic music that was likely to be overly sentimental and sensitive.

Some of what I assumed to be true (i.e. "light," "airy") was, but Bird By Snow pull together some graceful harmonies and the guitar melodies are beautifully arranged and striking. I'm happily surprised at the level of sophistication Common Wealth boasts and "Friends In The City" ably qualifies as a perfect summation of Bird By Snow's sound.



Common Wealth will be released October 27th from Gnome Life Records and it is worth your time and money.

"Friends In The City"

Single was made available through Tiny Mix Tapes.

Sincerely,
Letters From A Tapehead

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ellie Greenwich (1940-2009)

The Mailbox Giveth: Sleaford Mods

What I Heard This Morning: Breton