Buried In A Good Mix Tape #2...


Earlier this week, I got the urge to work on another mix for my brother. A lot of what I used incorporates some new music I acquired along with other tracks he might enjoy. Mostly, I was hoping that he hadn't heard a lot of this yet. It seems like I always end up trying to unify the last 40 years into these tight collections and hope they work. It's true. I do.

This time, I didn't really have time to go the cassette route, so this is a CD-R. I'm calling it "SIDE A." Here's the playlist:

Brian Eno & David Byrne - America Is Waiting (My Life in the Bush of Ghosts, 1981, reissued 2006)
The Gutter Twins - All Misery/Flowers (Saturnalia, 2008)
The Monkees - Writing Wrongs (The Birds, The Bees, The Monkees, 1968)
Mike Patton - Car Radio (FM) (A Perfect Place, 2008)
Beastie Boys - Nervous Assistant (Aglio e Olio EP, 1996)
The Kinks - Nothin' In The World Can Stop Me Worryin' 'Bout That Girl (Kinda Kinks, 1965)
Sic Alps - Dr. Bag and the Pomade Nature Giants (A Long Way Around To A Shortcut, 2008)
Fantômas - 04/13/05 Wednesday (Suspended Animation, 2005)
Frank Zappa - "This Is Phaze III"(Civilization Phaze III, 1994)
The Black Angels - Science Killer (Directions To See A Ghost, 2008)
Miles Davis - Footprints (Miles Smiles, 1966)
Triclops! - Lovesong For The Botfly (Out Of Africa, 2008)
Tool - Useful Idiot (Ænima, 1996)
Menomena - Strongest Man In The World (I Am The Fun Blame Monster!, 2004)
Louis Armstrong - Summer Time (With Ella Fitzgerald) (Butter & Egg Man, 2002)
Tom Waits - Shake It (Real Gone, 2004)
Jonny Greenwood - Convergence (Bodysong, 2003)
Jonny Greenwood - Proven Lands (There Will Be Blood, 2007)
Ween - Captain (Quebec, 2003)
Albert Ayler - Our Prayer (The House That Trane Built, recorded 1967, compiled and released 2006)
Paul McCartney - 222 (Memory Almost Full-Bonus Disc Edition, 2008)

Sincerely,
Letters From A Tapehead

Comments

Anonymous said…
I have a confession. I made this mix and it got me laid. Apparently, I am cooler, thanks to your site. Did it get your brother laid too?

Don't get the Monkees track - but I kept it in.

Popular posts from this blog

Ellie Greenwich (1940-2009)

The Mailbox Giveth: Sleaford Mods

What I Heard This Morning: Breton